Pre-match information for supporters ahead of Friday’s game against Manchester United XI
By Matty Paddock - 06/08/2021
Posted 3 months ago
FRIDAY night sees Harriers wrap up their pre-season campaign with a high-profile friendly against a Manchester United XI at Aggborough.
We’re pleased to confirm that, at time of writing, we’re anticipating a crowd in excess of 3,000 for the game, which should make for a terrific atmosphere for everyone involved.
We’d ask all supporters planning to attend the match to read the following information to ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone.
TICKETS AND ADMISSION
- Purchasing tickets is most quickly and easily done online from harriers.co.uk/shop, with supporters e-mailed their e-tickets that they can either print and bring to the ground or present on their smartphone or tablet. Tickets can be purchased up to 8pm tonight.
- Those without direct access to our online platform can still get tickets – these can be processed via the system for you by our team by calling 01562 823 931. Payment for tickets ordered through us can be made over the telephone by card, or from the Aggborough box office. It is possible to pay at the box office by cash if necessary, but we would ask supporters to use card where possible due to the high demand involved.
- Please note there is no longer a facility to pay for your entry at the turnstile at Aggborough Stadium – all fans must purchase a ticket prior to entering the ground via one of the methods above.
- In group bookings (or where tickets have been purchased for you), it is not compulsory for your name to appear on your individual ticket – only one name for any group booking is mandatory for Test & Trace purposes (For example, a family booking of 5 tickets could each bear the name of one family member.)
Again, tickets can be purchased at any point up to 15 minutes after kick off, but we would strongly urge all supporters to purchase their tickets as soon as possible if they have yet to do so, and to arrive at the ground as early as they can to avoid any queues where tickets are being scanned..
If Friday night is your first fixture back at Aggborough after the long COVID-enforced break, we look forward to welcoming you, and ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Again, most importantly, to arrive at the ground in good time before the match to help avoid any queues or delays, and enter via the Turnstile listed on your ticket.
- Be mindful that some attendees may still be more comfortable wearing a face covering.
- Scan into the Stadium using the NHS COVID-19 Test & Trace App wherever possible.
- Use hand sanitiser which will be available at points around the ground.
For the avoidance of doubt, we would ask any supporter suffering COVID-19 symptoms to stay away from the Stadium and isolate in line with Government regulations.
There is presently only a small amount of car parking available to supporters on a match day. This is on the South Stand on a first come, first served basis at £5 per car. We’d ask all those attending by car to park considerately, safely and with our local residents in mind.
The car park opens at 6pm on Friday. Parking Season Ticket holders from 2020/21 have had those rolled over to this season and can park on a designated section of the Stadium Close car park once the League campaign gets underway. Please note parking Season Tickets will not be able to be used for pre-season.
This season is also the first in which the club has operated via the cashless online ticketing system. While this has streamlined various processes for both the club and our fans immeasurably, we’d still ask those attending games to be patient where necessary as staff continue to familiarise themselves with its operation.
MATCH PROGRAMMES & REFRESHMENTS
Match day programmes will be available in the Club Shop, Harriers Arms and throughout the ground at £3.
Hot food and refreshments will be available between the North and Main Stand, inside the entrance to the East Stand, and between the away supporters’ seating and standing. The East Stand bar will also be open.
Kick-off is at 7:45pm.
NB – Due to travel delays, tonight’s game will now kick off at the slightly later time of 8pm.
Harriers team news will be on social media from 6:45pm.
There will be match updates throughout on social media, including Harriers Women star and United superfan Sophie Richards taking over the official Harriers Instagram account. A match recap and reaction will be available on harriers.co.uk and our YouTube channel after the match.
There is no plan to stream Friday night’s game.
This article is about: Match